How to download Showmax on my laptop
You can download series and movies using the Showmax app on phones and tablets, but you can’t download on laptops and PCs.
Unfortunately, you can’t download series and movies onto your laptop or PC using Showmax – instead, you stream them directly in your web browser. But you can download shows onto your phone or tablet using the Showmax app. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download with Showmax, and all the devices you can watch Showmax on.
How to download with the Showmax app
- Open the Google Play or App Store and search for Showmax.
- Install the Showmax application.
- Sign in to your existing Showmax account or sign up at www.showmax.com.
- Find the series or movie you want to watch and tap the download icon.
You can store up to 25 series episodes or movies on your phone or tablet. Once you hit play the show will automatically delete itself after 48 hours to save space on your device.
What devices can I watch Showmax on?
Your single Showmax subscription lets you watch on two screens at the same time and on up to 5 different devices, including:
- Android phones and tablets running Android 4.1.0 or higher.
- Android TVs running Android 4.1.0 or higher
- iPhones and iPads running iOS 9.3 or higher.
- Apple TV (4th Generaion) running tvOS 10.0 or higher.
- Apple TV (2nd, 3rd and 4th Generation) via AirPlay.
- Connect your DStv Explora to the internet to get Showmax. For more click here.
- DStv Premium subscribers get Showmax at no cost. For more click here.
- Samsung Smart TVs (2012 and later)
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs (2015 and later)
- LG NetCast Smart TVs (2012 to 2014)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs (2014 and later)
- Hisense Vidaalite 2.0, Vidaa U2 Smart TVs (2016 and later, Africa only)
- Android TVs (e.g. Sony, Philips, Sharp)
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4 (South Africa only)
Don’t have Showmax yet?