How to download with Showmax
Here’s how easy it is to download series and movies over Wi-Fi and watch offline with Showmax.
Showmax gives you access to thousands of the best series, movies and kids’ shows – from Game of Thrones and The Big Bang Theory to Shaun the Sheep and local shows like Binnelanders. All you need to start watching is an internet connection and the right device – like a laptop, PC, smartphone, Apple TV, smart TV, tablet, Xbox One, or even the DStv Explora.
Watch what you want, when you want it with no adverts or interruptions.
Download up to 25 shows and watch later
Download up to 25 shows over Wi-Fi and keep them for up to 30 days using the Android or iOS apps on smartphones and tablets. Once you start watching a show or movie offline, you’ll have 48 hours to finish watching it.
Watch shows as many times as you like in that 48 hour window – ideal for your kids’ favourite Shaun the Sheep episode – and download them again if you want to.
How to download movies and series with Showmax
- If you don’t already have a Showmax account, go to showmax.com to sign up.
- Download the Showmax app on your smartphone or tablet for either iOS or Android.
- Open the Showmax app and choose the show or movie you want to watch offline.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD icon or button.
- You’ll get a menu with download quality options to choose from – Low Quality, Standard Quality, Good Quality and High Quality – depending on data capability or space on your device.
- Your download should start immediately. You are now free to enjoy your viewing offline once the download is complete.
A 30-minute show will use between 100MB to 500MB, depending on the quality.
Use Download Manager or go to Downloads to see what’s been downloaded. View what’s on your device as well as on other devices. You can download up to 25 shows or movies across your entire account on all connected devices.
Here’s our detailed, step-by-step guide for downloading to tablets »
Why is this feature so useful?
“Not everyone has fast internet access throughout the day or can afford to stream using a mobile connection,” said Showmax South Africa General Manager John Kotsaftis.
“The beauty of this download feature is that as long as you’re connected at some point, perhaps using a public Wi-Fi hotspot, at work, or a night-time mobile data bundle, then you can still use Showmax to get shows and movies.”
Have any questions?
Check out the Showmax FAQ section for more details here »