How to watch Showmax on the new smart TV app
If you have a Samsung Tizen smart TV, you may have noticed that there’s a new Showmax app in town. Here’s why you should upgrade, and how to use it.
Watching Showmax on your big screen is about to get simpler, thanks to a new Showmax app for smart TVs. The first TVs to get the app are Samsung Tizen 2016, 2017 and 2018 models. It will be rolled out to certain other models in future.
What’s different about the new app?
1. Sign in: The first thing you’ll notice about the new Showmax app for smart TVs is the new sign-in process using a One-Time Pin (OTP). Signing in with a unique code is so much easier – no more typing your email and password on the screen keyboard. Once you’re signed in, the app will remember you until you sign out.
2. Look and feel: The new app is slicker and more fluid with appealing full-screen background images.
3. Usage: Navigation in the new app is quick, intuitive and simple, with integrated controls that let you display language and subtitle options while a show is playing, for example.
Another useful change is that you can push the “up” button on your remote to display the app menu, here select between series, movies or kids, or access the menu to switch user profiles. On the show page, simply scroll down to see recommendations for similar shows
4. Watchlist and other features: You may notice that the new app does not yet contain certain functions, such as Watchlist and Bandwidth Capping. These will be added later.
How do I sign into the new app?
- On the launch screen of the app, you’ll see a One-Time Pin (OTP) on your TV screen.
2. In a mobile or web browser, go to www.showmax.com/link to link your TV to your Showmax account
3. Sign in with your Showmax account.
4. Enter the unique code.
5. You will then automatically be signed into the app on your TV.
Start browsing and watching!
You will remain signed in until you choose to sign out. The next time you try to sign in, the same OTP process will kick in.
Don’t have Showmax yet? You can test drive Showmax with a free trial right now.
*Please note shows displayed are for demonstration purposes only. Content may differ per country.