Showmax Hacks: A guide to changing your payment method
There are so many ways to pay the R99 per month it costs to be a Showmax subscriber. Here’s how to select a new payment method.
With so many ways to pay for your Showmax subscription, it’s no surprise that one of our most-frequently asked questions from subscribers is “How do I change my payment method?”. It’s so quick and easy – just follow the steps below.
How do I change my payment method?
- Sign into your account on www.showmax.com.
- Click on the arrow next to your username.
- Select Manage Account from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the blue PURCHASE SUBSCRIPTION button (don’t worry – you won’t actually purchase a new subscription!)
- You will then be taken to the Choose Payment Method page, which will give you all your different options (see the section “How do I pay for Showmax?” below).
- Select the new payment method you’d like to use going forward.
- If you select Visa or MasterCard, enter the relevant card details and then click the blue SUBMIT button.
- If you select Showmax Voucher, enter the voucher code and click the blue SUBMIT button.
- If you choose to add it to your DStv, Telkom, MWEB, Vox or Vodacom account, follow the prompts on the service provider’s page.
- And that’s it. You’ll be taken to a page that says Subscription Successful, which means your new payment method has been stored.
A few things to note…
- These steps only apply to changing your payment method if you are NOT currently paying for your subscription through your Vodacom/Telkom/MWEB/DStv bill.
- To change your payment method from one of our partners’ bills to, for example, your cheque or credit card, you will have to cancel the billing with the partner (Vodacom, Telkom, MWEB or DStv) directly, and then load a new payment method (cheque/credit card, PayPal or Showmax Vouchers) on www.showmax.com as above.
- Once you’ve changed your payment method, your previous payment method will be deactivated and removed from your account.
How do I pay for Showmax?
In South Africa, we accept credit and cheque cards (MasterCard and Visa), PayPal, Showmax Vouchers or you can choose to add Showmax to your DStv, Telkom, MWEB or Vodacom account. Remember that if you choose to pay by PayPal, you will be charged in US dollars.
You can purchase Showmax vouchers from these stores:
- FNB Banking Application
- FNB eBucks Shop
- Game Stores
- HiFi Corp Stores
- Incredible Connection Stores
- Makro Stores
- Pick n Pay Smart Shopper (Mobile App, In store at the Smart Shopper Kiosk, Online)
- Selected CNA Stores
- Selected Pick n Pay Stores
- Standard Bank UCount Online Mall – choose to buy Prepaid or to Recharge your Showmax subscription directly (and never have to capture a voucher code again)
Don’t have Showmax yet?