Live sports streaming in West Africa this week
While most sports league take a break, catch up on highlights, documentaries and sports biopics to get you closer to your heroes.
This weekend’s scheduled sports events may be cancelled, but there are other ways to get your sports fix. Here are the top highlights, sports documentaries and biographical movies to watch.
- Highlights: Catch up on the highlights from past international and national games, including Man Utd vs Everton, Fiorentina vs AC Milan in Italian Serie A and Rangers vs Leverkusen in the UEFA Europa League. Plus, there’s Champions League action and some of the latest games from the MultiChoice Diski Challenge.
- What My Name: Muhammad Ali: One of the most iconic figures in athletic history, Muhammad Ali’s incredible story from world champion boxer to inspiring social activist is explored through his own voice and never-before-seen archival material.
- Ali: A biography of sports legend Muhammad Ali, starring Will Smith. It focuses on his triumphs and controversies between 1964 and 1974.
- Highlights: From the Momentum 1-Day Cup to international ODIs (try Australia vs New Zealand’s Black Caps) to international T20s, such as Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe.
- Crossing the Line: Relive the highly controversial 2018 Australian cricket Tour to South Africa; five weeks that rocked the gentleman’s game and captivated the globe. (Documentary)
- Hansie: He was once one of the greatest cricketers alive, then fell from grace in a betting scandal, only to die tragically in an airplane accident. But who was Hansie Cronje, one of SA’s greatest sports stars and villains? (Biopic)
- War with the Roses: The Springboks and England have endured a brutal rivalry for over a hundred years on the rugby field with each side enjoying highs and lows. The Springboks are still never short of motivation when they go to war with the Roses.
- In Conversation: Joost van der Westhuizen: Long time friend and team mate, Kobus Wiese interviews rugby legend Joost van der Westhuizen in one of his final public appearances before his passing in early 2017.
- In conversation: Gareth Edwards: Gareth Edwards is regarded as one of the greatest players ever to don both the Welsh and Lions Jersey. He also scored what is regarded as the greatest try ever for the Barbarians against the All Blacks in 1973.
- Chester Williams Tribute: A look back at the early career of Chester Williams, from his upbringing in Paarl to 1995 World Cup hero.
- Siya Kolisi: This documentary charts the incredible journey of Springbok captain Siyamthanda Kolisi, from his impoverished upbringing to the top of international sport.
- Chronicles of a Champion Golfer: This series provides exceptional insight into the skill, emotion and determination required to become Champion Golfer of the year.
- Chris Froome the Pride of Africa: He is the reigning Tour de France, Giro d’Italia and Vuelta a España champion and one of the most successful riders in the history of the Tour de France, having won it four times.
- Wimbledon: The Official Film 2017: The official film of the 2017 tournament, which featured a serious upset in the Ladies Championship.
- Roger Federer: 8 Time Wimbledon Winner: A look back at Roger Federer’s record 8 Wimbledon titles. Different opponents. Different degrees of difficulty. Same old Federer.