The Tyler Perry Collection
He’s a mega-successful writer, actor, director and producer, and has created some of cinema’s most hilarious characters. Chase away any back to work or school blues away with a collection of movies featuring Tyler Perry’s unique and hilarious genius.
- Diary of a Mad Black Woman (2005): When Helen’s husband leaves her for another woman she moves in with her grandmother, Madea, who has a big mouth and a gun – and she’s not afraid to use either!
- Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Tough Love (2015): Sassy Madea is back, but this time she’s animated and in trouble with the law. She earns herself some community service, which turns out to be just what she and the kids in her ‘hood needed.
- Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (2017): When Brian’s daughter sneaks off to attend a party at a haunted campground, Madea, Bam, Hattie, and Joe set out on a hell-various journey to bring her back.
Other Tyler Perry movies
- Why Did I Get Married? (2007): A couple goes on a marriage retreat to repair their relationship, only to have further strain and doubt added to the mix, thanks to a young temptress who’s come along for the ride.
- For Coloured Girls (2010): An ensemble cast brings this award-winning play to the screen. Through different characters represented in a series of poems, the movie highlights the different challenges impacting women of colour.
- Acrimony (2018): Taraji P Henson plays Melinda Moore, a hard-working woman who supports her engineer husband while he works on his invention. When she discovers that he has betrayed her, it pushes her over the edge.