How to watch Showmax with free data
Want access to over 35 000 series episodes, movies, kids’ shows and documentaries without spending a cent on data? Of course you do. Here’s how to get it.
We’re sure you’ll agree that the only thing better than an extended binge-watch of your favourite series is an extended binge-watch that comes without any data spend.
Here’s how to cash in on Showmax with free data.
- Showmax has partnered with VAST to offer unlimited free data for streaming and downloading shows on Showmax. There are VAST networks at over 80 locations in South Africa, from airports to hospitals to shopping malls.
- Find the VAST network nearest you on this map: showmax.com/eng/freedata
- Once you’re in the VAST network location, connect to the VAST network.
- Sign in to @VAST to activate your free Showmax data.
- Sign in or sign up to Showmax.
- Download the Showmax app to your tablet or mobile phone.
- Stream the shows you want to watch immediately, or download them to watch offline later. You can download up to 25 series episodes, movies and documentaries at a time onto the Showmax app. Read more about downloading here.
Pretoria: Lynnwood Bridge and Glenfair Boulevard
Johannesburg: Newtown Junction
Western Cape: Eikestad Mall, Stellenbosch
Simply connect to the Wi-Fi network called “Download Showmax”, install the Showmax app and get streaming or downloading. Read more here.
When you take out a Telkom FreeMe 5GB, 10GB, 20GB or Unlimited contract, you’ll get to stream your favourite series, movies, doccies and kids’ shows on Showmax without using any of your own data. In other words, you’ll get the data for streaming on Showmax for free.
The fair use threshold for FreeMe customers is set at 50GB of data for video streaming every month. That’s enough to watch two full-length movies on Showmax every day!
The bottom line: sign up to Showmax and Telkom’s FreeMe contracts for over 5GB per month, and you can stream to your heart’s content without worrying about your data use. Read more here.
Want to stream shows and movies directly to your TV without depleting your data? That’s where the Telkom LIT TVC 100 media box comes in.
The box transforms regular TVs into smart TVs and gives direct access to Showmax and other video streaming services. This means it’s possible to watch Showmax as a family from the couch, instead of crowding around a laptop, smartphone or tablet.
The box also supports Chromecast, so you can stream from your Android phone or tablet directly to your TV screen.
And you don’t have to worry at all about data spend, because everything you stream on the LIT box is zero-rated.
The box is free for all Telkom FreeMe subscribers, and you’ll also get the LIT TV box for free when you sign up for Telkom’s Unlimited Home 10MBs ADSL and fibre offerings. Read more here.
Don’t have Showmax yet?