Sport live streaming on Showmax Kenya – all the details
Showmax has branched out and added both pre-recorded and live sport content to its current line-up of TV series, movies, kids’ shows and documentaries.
In September 2019 Showmax launched sport streaming in Kenya. This new sport content includes an entirely new live-streaming capability as well as magazine shows and highlights clips from all major events.
In October, Showmax has taken this further, scheduling two marathons and 13 live football matches from the likes of the English Premier League, Italy’s Serie A, Spain’s La Liga, and the Euro 2020 qualifiers between now and the end of the month. This new sport content is included in the standard Showmax subscription price.
Showmax has branched out and added both pre-recorded and live sport content to its current line-up of TV series, movies, kids’ shows and documentaries. The new sports content includes live streaming of selected events from top international football leagues, athletics, motorsport, tennis, golf, and EFC (Extreme Fighting Championship).
In addition to this, the sport section features extended highlights from major events including the Rugby World Cup and popular magazine shows including the following:
- Africa Sport On
- Soccer Africa
- What a Weekend
- First XV
- Inside Edge
- Extra Cover
- Final Whistle
- EFC Insider
The October live sport lineup includes:
- 15 Oct UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifiers: Switzerland vs Republic of Ireland
- 18 Oct La Liga: Granada vs Osasuna
- 19 Oct Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur vs Watford
- 19 Oct La Liga: Mallorca vs Real Madrid
- 20 Oct Amsterdam Marathon
- 20 Oct Serie A: Sampdoria vs Roma
- 20 Oct Serie A: Parma vs Genoa
- 21 Oct Premier League: Sheffield United vs Arsenal
- 25 Oct La Liga: Villarreal vs Alaves
- 26 Oct Serie A: Inter Milan vs Parma
- 26 Oct Premier League: West Ham United vs Sheffield United
- 27 Oct Frankfurt Marathon
- 27 Oct La Liga: Celta Vigo vs Real Sociedad
- 27 Oct Serie A: Torino vs Cagliari
- 27 Oct Premier League: Norwich vs Manchester United
Speaking about sport on Showmax, Niclas Ekdahl, CEO of MultiChoice’s Connected Video division, said:
“It’s early days for sport on Showmax – at the moment we’re in a testing phase to gauge interest. We’ll be trying a bunch of different content to see what works and see how people interact with it.
“There are now three major content legs to Showmax. First, we’ve got international smash hits from the likes of HBO, the people who brought the world Game of Thrones. Second, we’re the home of African content with a huge catalogue of top-flight local shows and movies. And now with sport we’ve added a unique third leg, something that we think clearly sets Showmax apart and gives us the competitive edge.”
The new sport section is available on most Showmax apps and platforms.
To get Showmax, visit www.showmax.com. Showmax has a risk-free trial – once signed up, cancel within the first 14 days and pay nothing.