27 January 2024
How to set up a Showmax Profile for your kids
If you’ve got tech-savvy little ones who feel completely at home browsing through all the apps on your tablet or smartphone, and who have no trouble connecting to apps on your smart TV, you should probably set up a Kids Profile for them on Showmax.
Why are Kids’ Profiles important?
Showmax lets you set up multiple Profiles from a single account, up to six. Each member of your family can have their own Profile. This means that when they select their Profile, they will only see relevant, suitable shows and movies.
This is very handy when you’ve got more than one adult using the same Showmax account because each person’s recommendations and watchlists are tailored specifically for their Profile. So you won’t get the latest reality series recommended for you if you lean more towards the nail-biting suspense of Game of Thrones than the glam and drama of The Real Housewives of Durban.
But the Profiles feature is even more important when you have small people sharing your account, because it helps you to prevent them from being exposed to age-inappropriate content. It also gives them full-on access to all the series and movies they know and love.
All you have to do is select the Kids Profile before you hand over the TV remote or your tablet, and they’ll only be able to see the content that Showmax knows is suitable for kids in their age group.
How to set up and protect your Kids Profile
- Open Showmax on your chosen device. If you’re signed in, you’ll go straight to the home page.
- Click on your account icon to get to the Who’s watching page.
- To add a new profile, click +.
- To edit an existing profile, click on the icon, and then the pencil icon.
- Choose your avatar.
- Next, if it’s a Kids’ Profile, choose Yes.
- By default, the Profile will display content for kids aged 12 and under. If you’d like to choose another age group, click on the pencil icon to edit the profile.
- Enter your account password.
- Choose between: Content for toddlers, with no age restriction; Content for kids aged 7-9 years, or content for kids aged between 10-12 years.
- Then, choose whether you’d like to add a PIN to the profile. That means that when you choose this profile for your child, they won’t be able to swap to another profile until you enter the PIN.
- You can also choose whether you want the next episode to Autoplay, and whether you’d like to turn off autoplay trailers.
- Start streaming!
And that’s it!
It’s practically child’s play.
Go to showmax.com for more.