16 September 2020
View competition: Terms & Conditions
The Competition is conducted by TILT Culture Pty Ltd (“TILT”) on behalf of MultiChoice Support Services Pty Ltd (“Showmax”).
How to enter
- The Competition shall commence on 16 September 2020 at 09h00 and close on 31 October 2020 at 17h00.
- The competition will take place over 45 days across sixteen South African influencers platforms, including Lucas Radebe, Akani Simbine, Dan Nicholl, Joe Crann, Mpho Letsholonyane, Anga Makubalo, DJ Tira, Nicole Bessick, Siv Ngesi, Shaistah Kader, Mama Joy, Masilo Machaka, Dillan Oliphant, Rob Forbes, Zamani Mbatha, and Katlego Maboe.
- Entrants must engage with the influencer content stating which Pro’s they will be backing by either retweeting with a comment on Twitter or commenting on the Instagram post tagging @showmaxonline and using #ProVPro and #ShowmaxPro hashtag.
- Winners will be contacted directly by the agency TILT and will be selected by the above-mentioned influencers randomly.
- Entry into the Competition is free.
Who can enter and conditions of entry
- Entrants must be 18 years or older, be a citizen or permanent residents of the Republic of South Africa and be in possession of the relevant identification documents verifying such status.
- Employees, officers, directors, dealers and agents of Showmax and affiliated companies and affiliated and subsidiary companies, representatives, legal advisors, any other advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies and the immediate family or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees are NOT eligible to enter the Competition.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Showmax and TILT reserve the right to modify the content of these Terms and Conditions with retrospective effect should modification be required to ensure the proper execution of the Competition
- Showmax reserves the right to withdraw and/or cancel the Competition at any time
- Winners will be selected at random by the influencers and their decision will be final.
- The Winners will be notified via the social media platform they used to enter by the agency (TILT Culture Pty Ltd), Showmax reserves the right to change the decision if the Winner cannot be contacted through social media or if the Winner does not meet the above conditions. Showmax may at its sole discretion award the Prize to another Entrant and the original Winner will forfeit any Prize.
- The Prize (To be given away by each influencer: Akani Simbine, Dan Nicholl, Joe Crann, Mpho Letsholonyane, Anga Makubalo, DJ Tira, Nicole Bessick, Siv Ngesi, Shaistah Kader, Mama Joy, Masilo Machaka, Dillan Oliphant, Rob Forbes, Zamani Mbatha, Lunga Tshabalala and Katlego Maboe) shall consist of:
- A three-month subscription to Showmax Pro valued at R1347.00
- If the Prize is unavailable for whatever reason, Showmax reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equal value.
- Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, all other expenses and/or costs are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The entry and Prizes are personal and non-transferable. No other Prize alternatives are available except as may be required in terms of Clause 4.2.
- The decision of Showmax is final and binding in all matters relating to the Competition.
- Showmax reserves the right to request the Winner to participate in publicity events in relation to the Competition. In particular, Showmax may publish the Winner’s names and photographs on the Showmax South Africa social media pages.
- By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree that no claim shall be asserted against Showmax, its parent company, affiliates, directors, officers, employers or agents in respect of any and all loses or injuries (including without limitation special, indirect or consequential loses), damages, rights, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever that result from the Entrants’ acceptance of the Prize.
- The Winner will not be eligible to win another Showmax competition for a period of three (3) months after winning the Prize.
Use of Personal Identifiable Information:
- Entrants’ Personal Identifiable Information will be collected by Showmax for the purpose of conducting and promoting the Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the Winners). Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to agencies employed by Showmax to conduct the Competition.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, the entrant hereby consents to the use of their Personal Information for the purposes of conducting activities in relation to this Competition.
By submitting an entry, each Entrant hereby consents to the recording, use and reuse by Showmax and any of its respective licensees, assigns, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, business units, or affiliated entities and each of their respective employees, agents, officers and directors (collectively “Releasees”) of the Entrant’s voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance and biographical material (collectively “Likeness”) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, in or in connection with the Competition. The Entrant agrees that the Releasees may use all or any part of the Entrant’s Likeness, and may alter or modify it, regardless of whether or not it is recognisable. The Entrant further agrees that the Releasees may use the Entrant’s Likeness, and the Entrant hereby assigns and agrees to assign to Showmax the content developed and generated as a result of the entry in the Competition (including any Review written by the Entrant). Without prejudice to the foregoing, the Releasees may use the content developed and generated by the Competition (including any Review) in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement arising out of or in connection with the Competition in any manner whatsoever. The Entrant releases the Releasees from any and all liability arising out of its use of the Entrant’s Likeness, the video/text/photo and/or the Review. The Entrant hereby acknowledges and affirms that all actions and statements made by the Entrant are the Entrant’s own, made of the Entrant’s own free will, and are truthful to the best of the Entrant’s knowledge. The Entrant agrees not to make any claim against the Releasees as a result of the use of the Entrant’s Likeness, video/text/photo and/or the Review (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right or privacy and/or publicity)