20 September 2023
Win an invite to the RHOLagos private screening: Terms & conditions
The second season of RHOLagos is set to build on the success of its first season, continuing to showcase the opulence, drama, and friendships that have kept audiences enthralled.
The first season attracted record-breaking viewership, clinching the title for the most first-day views on Showmax in Nigeria and dominated Twitter (now X) trends in Nigeria, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Each cast member also trended in Nigeria, bolstered by an official Twitter Event and a spotlighted recap on Twitter Space by the Twitter TV account, which further propelled its reach to global fans.
How to enter
Follow @ShowmaxNaija on Instagram and keep an eye out for the competition which will be published on Wednesday 20 September 2023. Be one of the fastest to comment with the answer to the question and you could win two invites for you and your plus 1 to attend the glamorous private screening event.
The competition will only be open for as long as it takes the required number of people to comment with the correct answer.
Competition terms & conditions
- This competition is open to viewers who reside in Nigeria.
- The prize winner must be over 18 years old. Proof of ID will be required in order to claim your prize.
Follow Showmax Naija on all social media platforms.
- Make fresh payments for your Showmax subscription today (20 September 2023) and DM us(via @showmaxnaija on Instagram) your payment receipt and email address. Fastest fingers first.
- This prize is also non-transferable.
- The competition is operated by Showmax. Showmax standard terms and conditions apply.
- By entering the competition, entrants give Showmax the right to use their video and image on extended social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Showmax will not be responsible for any costs or expenses that you incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- Showmax reserves the right, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, to amend these Ts & Cs at any time. Showmax may notify the participant of any significant changes, however, there is no obligation on Showmax to do so and it remains your responsibility to check these terms and conditions regularly on the website and/or any other communication medium applicable.
- These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between Showmax and the participant and/or the entrant. By entering the competition, the participant confirms that they have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, as they may be amended from time to time.
- By entering the competition, the participant agrees to receive communication from the Promoter on the competition.
Standard Terms and Conditions for Competitions
- These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted or promoted by or in association with the Showmax (“Showmax”).
- Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (if you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- The competition is not open to:
3.1 Directors, members, partners, agents, employees, or consultants of the Multichoice Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
3.2 The spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above.
- You may not participate in or win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by Showmax within the past 6 (six) months, save for competitions wherein the prize is a ticket to attend an event, in which case the waiting period will be one month. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of 6 (six) or 1 (one) month/s, whichever is applicable, after the date on which you won the last competition.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries that are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries that are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- We and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone, or other device used by you to enter or obtain any materials related to the competition.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide to us is accurate, complete, and up to date.
- We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that:
9.1 Your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
9.2 A prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
9.3 A prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including ID Document and/or Valid Passport, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third-party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 7 (seven) days or if the winner is unable to claim the prize within 7 (seven) days, the winner will forfeit the prize and Showmax reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- We may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
- We may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
- If you win a prize provided by a third-party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. Showmax will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
- We and our third-party suppliers reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third-party suppliers.
- You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions. If any liability is imputed to us, such liability will be limited to the value of the prize.
- You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
- You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that:
22.1 All of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner(s) (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner(s) agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith.
22.2 You indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party if your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- If you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have:
23.1 You will be automatically disqualified, and you will forfeit the prize/s if you have already won a prize.
23.2 You will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your non-compliance, including all our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your non-compliance.
23.3 You indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner(s), if applicable) to comply therewith.
- For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means our partners, co-promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
- These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Showmax and the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.