What devices can I use?
Your Showmax subscription lets you watch on two devices at the same time and you can register up to five devices to watch on. Here’s a list of all the devices you can watch Showmax on.
Your South African Showmax subscription lets you watch on two devices at the same time and you can register up to five devices to watch on.
There are many ways to enjoy Showmax, from using your big screen at home to your mobile phone.
Showmax is available on these devices:
- Apple and Android smartphones and tablets using the Showmax app.
- All laptops and computers through your web browser.
- Google Chromecast and Apple TV, including Airplay – here’s how Airplay works »
- DStv Explora – make sure you connect it to the internet.
- Xbox One gaming console
- Sony PlayStation gaming console
- Smart TVs, including:
- Samsung Smart TVs (2012 and later)
- Tizen Smart TVs (2015 and later)
- LG NetCast Smart TVs (2012 to 2014)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs (2014 and later)
- Hisense Vidaa 2.0 Smart TV (2016 and later, South Africa only)
- Android TVs (e.g. Sony, Philips, Sharp. See Android Devices)
(Due to manufacturer differences, the application may not work on all devices.)
Pro tip: if you don’t have a Smart TV connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable for that big screen experience.
Remember, download shows to watch offline using the Showmax app on your phone or tablet.
Enjoy instant access to the world’s most popular shows with more added every week!
Don’t have Showmax yet?
Browse everything on Showmax before you decide to to try it out, just go to showmax.com/browse.