What devices can I use?Browse full collection
Your Showmax subscription lets you watch on two devices at the same time and you can register up to five devices to watch on. Here’s a list of all the devices you can watch Showmax on.
Your Showmax subscription lets you watch on two devices at the same time and you can register up to five devices to watch on.
There are many ways to enjoy Showmax, from using your big screen at home to your mobile phone.
- Note that if you have a Showmax Mobile or Showmax Pro Mobile subscription, you will only be able to watch Showmax on one mobile device. Read more here.
- Live streaming on Showmax Pro is not supported on all devices.
Showmax is available on these devices:
- Apple and Android smartphones and tablets using the Showmax app.
- Laptops and computers through your web browser.
- Google Chromecast and Apple TV, including Airplay – here’s how Airplay works »
- DStv Explora – make sure you connect it to the internet. Showmax Pro is not supported on the DStv Explora.
- Gaming consoles: Xbox One and Sony PlayStation 4 (South Africa only). Showmax Pro is currently not supported on any gaming consoles.
- Smart TVs, including:
- Samsung Smart TVs (2012 and later)
- Tizen Smart TVs (2015 and later)
- LG NetCast Smart TVs (2012 to 2014)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs (2014 and later)
- Hisense Smart TVs (Selected models, Africa only)
- Android TVs (e.g. Sony, Philips, Sharp. See Android Devices)
- Note that live streaming on Showmax Pro is only available on these models: Samsung Tizen Smart (2017 and later) and LG WebOS Smart TVs (2014 and later)
(Due to manufacturer differences, the application may not work on all devices. Available devices may differ between countries.)
Pro tip: if you don’t have a Smart TV connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable for that big screen experience.
Remember, download shows to watch offline using the Showmax app on your phone or tablet.
Enjoy instant access to the world’s most popular shows with more added every week!