Meet Ntobeko Sishi, Gomora’s troubled NtokozoWatch full episodes now
As troubled teen Ntokozo in Gomora, Ntobeko Sishi has become a household name. We got to know him.
Ntobeko plays troubled teenager Ntokozo Dlamini on Gomora. The character has gone from seeking approval from his strict headmaster of a father, Melusi, to rebelling against the establishment and getting mixed up with the wrong crowd.
If Ntokozo could change anything in his life, he would change the decisions he made that led him to murder in the first episode. Ntokozo is not someone who prides himself in harming others, but in the face of panic, he made a decision that he regrets every single day.
Fans know all about the character, so here’s a chance to find out more about the man behind Ntokozo Dlamini, Ntobeko Sishi.
What made you decide to get into acting?
As a shy kid, I ironically found a home on stage in front of audiences. I was so drawn to acting that I would travel alone to auditions where there were thousands of other candidates, in spite of my nerves. The belief shown in me by my family, friends and production team of the KZN Young Performers’ Project strengthened my own confidence.
What has been the most eye-opening aspect of being an actor?
People always find something they can relate to in a character. And never disrespect the audience by not doing your prep work – it is imperative to prepare as an actor.
If you could change anything about Ntokozo, what would it be and why?
Ntokozo is human, and all humans have their complexities and flaws that ultimately contribute to making them who they are. I wouldn’t change anything about Ntokozo. His journey is an imperfect one that many relate to. Perhaps his decision-making skills are questionable, but he’s a 17-year-old boy who’s searching for a home. He’s still growing.
Who’s your favourite character on TV?
Prior to the concluding season of Game of Thrones, I loved Jon Snow for his bravery, passion and selflessness. Being able to stay hopeful and resilient in the face of adversity is something I admire.
14 more facts about Gomora’s Ntobeko Sishi
- Education: BCom (Economics & Finance), PGDip (Entrepreneurship) both from UCT
- Siblings: None, but plenty of cousins.
- Raised in: Durban.
- Hobbies: Analysing music, movies and performances in general.
- Favourite sport: Soccer.
- Favourite food: “As long as it has excellently prepared meat, I’m happy,” he says.
- Food dislikes: Olives, papaya.
- Worst habit: Leaving clothes on the line for too long.
- Nickname: Sishii.
- Favourite item of clothing: Anything athleisure or comfort wear.
- Favourite TV show: Gomora!
- Android or iOS: Both.
- Favourite car: “I know nothing about cars and actually need to do better!”
- Best friend on set: “It’s between Sicelo (Teddy), Siya (Langa), Ama (Buhle), Siphesihle (Mazet)… I can’t decide.”