The Walking Dead S1-9
Are you ready for the zombie apocalypse? Find out when you binge cult zombie series The Walking Dead all the way from episode 1. Season 10 is coming to DStv Now in October, so this is the perfect chance to catch up.
If you know nothing about the show, here’s a crash course.
- It’s based on the graphic novels by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard, but it doesn’t exactly follow the storyline (which has angered hardcore fans over the course of the series – especially with the events of Season 9).
- The show follows Sheriff Rick Grimes (British actor Andrew Lincoln – who has family in South Africa and can speak a smattering of Afrikaans), who wakes up from a coma to find that his town is deserted and overrun with zombies – aka Walkers. Look out for the ultra-creepy crawling bicycle girl in episode 1.
- Rick goes in search of his wife and son, and along the way forms a group of survivors from very different worlds, which makes them perfect as a gang, making up for each other’s shortcomings.
- It’s gory, with blood and guts everywhere. And people die gruesomely. So if you’re squeamish, look away!
- Whenever you think you’ve seen it all, surprise! Someone will die or return alive to cause the Survivors more strife.
- Season 3 is the slowest. But it’s vital to the story, so you’ve got to watch.
- And the villains are monstrously cruel and villainy. No other show has enemies posing as deadly a threat to the hero team as The Walking Dead.
This is the definitive zombie horror show. It’s rewritten the way the undead are seen and makes everything else you’ve seen look tame.
Watch at your peril – and on an empty stomach.