How to download Lockdown S5
We’re only a week away from experiencing yet another riveting season of Lockdown. Find out how you can download the show and watch at your leisure.
Everyone’s talking about the latest season of Lockdown, the gritty show set in a women’s prison that’s coming exclusively to Showmax.
If you’re not yet a Showmax subscriber, sign up here. First-timers get a 14-day free trial, and thereafter pay from just R49 per month.
One of the most useful features of the Showmax app for smartphones and tablets is that you can download series episodes and movies straight to your device, and have them available for offline viewing later.
It’s a great way to save data and means you won’t be at a loss for entertainment when away from your internet connection.
How to download Lockdown
Downloads are available on the Showmax app for Apple and Android smartphones and tablets. Downloading is not possible on laptops, computers or other streaming devices. Once you’ve downloaded a show, you can watch it offline, no data needed.
- Go to showmax.com to sign up.
- Download the Showmax app on your smartphone or tablet for either iOS or Android.
- Open the Showmax app, sign in, and navigate to the Lockdown page.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD button. On the smartphone app, it’s usually an icon of a cloud with an arrow pointing downwards.
- Downloads should start immediately.
- Enjoy watching offline once the download is complete.
- To save space on your device and data, adjust the Download Quality.
- Choose between Low Quality, Standard Quality, Good Quality and High Quality. To use as little data and as little space as possible, select Low or Standard Quality. These low-quality options are perfect for small screens.
Can I download Lockdown on my laptop?
It’s not possible to download Lockdown or any other Showmax series or movie to your laptop, smart TV, gaming console or Explora.
Showmax downloads are only available using the Showmax app on compatible iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) and Android smartphone and tablets.
As long as you have the latest version of the Showmax app installed, you’ll be good to go.
How many Lockdown episodes can I download at once?
Download up to 25 series episodes at a time. Note that one series episode counts as one title – you won’t be able to download an entire season or series at once. To maximise the space on your device, make sure to select Low Quality or Standard Quality before downloading, as these will result in the smallest possible file sizes being downloaded.
How long do I get to keep downloaded shows for?
Each unwatched episode of Lockdown will stay on your device for 30 days. You won’t lose any of your downloads unless you uninstall the Showmax app on your device.
Once you start watching an episode, you’ll have 48 hours to finish it before it’s deleted.
Where will I find my downloads in the app?
Click on the “hamburger” menu (the three horizontal lines) in the Showmax app.
Select Downloads from the drop-down menu and this will take you to the series episodes and movies you have downloaded.
Can I see my downloads on my phone when I log into Showmax on my tablet?
Yes. When you open your downloads in the app on your tablet, you will see three tabs: On this device, On other devices and Others.
- On this device will show you the shows you’ve downloaded on your tablet.
- On other devices will show you the shows on other devices (including your phone) that you’ve downloaded.
- Others will show you the shows that other users of your Showmax account have downloaded.
Will my shows continue to download if I close the Showmax app while downloading?
Yes, they will continue to download in the background.
How does downloading save data?
In two ways. One, if you only download over a free Wi-Fi connection, such as at a coffee shop or mall, you won’t use any of your own data. And two, you can now watch your shows offline, which, of course, won’t use any data either.
Lockdown S5 is coming exclusively to Showmax from 30 January 2020, with two new episodes dropping weekly for five weeks.