How to set up a Showmax Profile for your kidsGet Showmax now
Make sure your kids are protected from inappropriate content using Showmax’s Profiles feature.
If you’ve got tech-savvy little ones who feel completely at home browsing through all the apps on your tablet or smartphone, and who have no trouble connecting to apps on your smart TV, you should probably set up a Kids Profile for them on Showmax.
Why are Kids Profiles important?
Showmax lets you set up multiple Profiles from a single account. Each member of your family can have their own Profile. This means that when they select their Profile, they will only see relevant, suitable shows and movies.
This is very handy when you’ve got more than one adult using the same Showmax account because each person’s recommendations and watchlists are tailored specifically for their Profile. So you won’t get the latest reality series recommended for you if you lean more towards the nail-biting suspense of Game of Thrones than the manicures and claws-out catfights of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
But the Profiles feature is even more important when you have small people sharing your account, because it helps you to prevent them being exposed to age-inappropriate content. It also gives them full-on access to all the series and movies they know and love.
All you have to do is select the Kids Profile before you hand over the TV remote or your tablet, and they’ll only be able to see the content that Showmax knows is suitable for kids in their age group.
How to set up and protect your Kids Profile
- Log into www.showmax.com.
- Beneath Who’s watching Showmax? click on Add New Profile.
- Choose an icon and enter a name for the new profile.
- Next you have a choice between creating a Kids, Teens or Adult profile.
- If you select Kids, you’ll be prompted to choose an age group: 2-4, 5-6, 7-9 or 10-12.
- If you select Teens, then content will be restricted to shows suitable for under-18s.
- Click Save.
- Next step, you’ll be prompted to enable Parental Control. Choose a PIN and an age restriction category (7+, 13+ or 16+), and whenever someone chooses to watch a movie or series with a higher age restriction (no matter which profile they’ve selected), they’ll be prompted to enter the PIN.
And that’s it!
It’s practically child’s play.
Go to showmax.com for more.