28 January 2024
5 things to know about the new Showmax
Showmax is changing. Here’s what you need to know about the move to the new Showmax platform.
1. You need to download a brand-new app
Why? The new Showmax is a completely new streaming platform, powered by international streaming giant Peacock. Everyone has to get the new app on all devices.
It’s quick and easy to download the new app. Just wait for an email telling you that your account has been migrated to the new Showmax, or follow the instructions on screen when you next open your Showmax app on your mobile phone, smart TV or other device.
Having trouble? Check if your device is supported by the new Showmax app.
2. You need to create new profiles
The new Showmax is not an upgrade – it’s a totally new app. You will have to set up your profiles from the beginning and choose fun new avatars for up to six profiles.
Follow the instructions when you download the new app, or click on your account icon. If you have kids, set up a kid-friendly account and add a PIN to your adult profiles to make sure kids only see shows rated for their age group.
Once set up, each profile will benefit from Showmax’s powerful recommendation engine that will learn from viewing habits to recommend the right shows.
3. Your downloads and watchlist won’t move across
As the app is completely new, your watchlist, continue watching and downloads list won’t be making the move to the new Showmax with you.
We understand that is frustrating, but there’s so much incredible new content coming in February that we know you’ll find lots to love!
4. There might be one or two issues
While we’ve worked hard to make moving to the new Showmax as easy as possible, there may be some issues during the process. We’re aware that some episodes and seasons of shows you love haven’t yet made it onto the new Showmax platform.
We’re working on getting the entire Showmax library back online as soon as possible, and we’ll have you back to binge-watching your faves soon.
Need more help?
- The Showmax Help Site: Find troubleshooting articles, as well as Showmax Live Chat and other contact information.
- Showmax Live Chat: Chat live with a customer care agent for immediate assistance. Check if the FAQs answer your questions, and if not, scroll to Still Need Help? Clicking on Sign In or Problems Signing In will bring up the Live Chat box.
- Email Showmax: firstname.lastname@example.org will get you help in all countries.
5. There are new Showmax plans
Football fan? The new Showmax Premier League plan offers all 380 PL games live to your mobile device at an unbeatable price.
If you just want to be entertained by Showmax Originals, hit international and local series, movies and kids’ shows, choose Showmax Entertainment or Showmax Entertainment Mobile.
Or, if you love everything, choose to bundle two of these packages together. Sign up here.
Want to know more? Read about some of the great features of the world of new Showmax